Our Mission: A TB free Pakistan.
Vision : Universal Access To TB Care achieving Zero TB Death.
Goal : To reduce by 50% the prevalence of TB in the general population by 2025 in comparison with 2012.
- 562 000 Fell Ill With TB (2018) (399 000 – 754 000)
- 44 000 TB Deaths (2018) (36 000 – 53 000)
- TB Incidence 2000 – 2018
- Treatment : Coverage Target 2022 – 90% (2018)
- Treatment : Success Rate (2018)
- TB Deaths 2000 – 2018
Latest News & Events
- New Call for Application 5th National SORT- IT (Structured Operational Research and Training Initiative) Course 2020 in Islamabad
- NewNTP Starts TB Case notification pilot project in five districts of pakistan
- NTP Launches Helpline 0800-88800 to provide guidance and information about TB to General Public.
- Contest for the Vice Chair Position TB Section -The Union.
- To increase the number of notified TB cases from 298,981 in 2013 to at least 420,000 by 2020 while maintaining the treatment success rate at 91%.
- To reduce by at least 5% per year by 2020 the prevalence of MDR-TB among TB patients who have never received any TB treatment.
- Strengthen programmatic and operational management capacity of the TB Control Program while enhancing public sector support for TB control by 2020.
- We fight against Tuberculosis in Pakistan to reduce mortality, morbidity and spread of TB infection. National TB Control Program is integrated with Primary Health Care (PHC) system implemented by the district health authorities with the support of Provincial TB Control Programs (PTPs).
- With the endorsement and implementation of “Stop TB Strategy” in 2006, we strive to improve the performance and public health impact of country level TB programs while mitigating the risks of drug resistance.